Friday, January 28, 2011

Final Friday

Can you believe that it is the final Friday in January? Where has this month gone? I have been going through pictures that I took on our trip to AZ in November. I'm opening them and then using the new software to see what I can do with them. Tonight's picture was taken through the windshield on our way to AZ. I take pictures to occupy my time on the trips...some come out pretty good and some aren't too hot. I am finding with the new software that I can even make some of the not so hot ones look half-way good.

While I was having school with Joy this morning, we got a call from the library that the next book in the series that I'm reading was there for us to pick up. So Woody walked to the library to get it and then walked back home. I went next door to do a lesson with Esther as she seems to have a slight cold. Then after lunch Graham came over to work some more on the small quilt that he is doing. While he was doing that, Kathy and Joy came over. Kathy needed to make some copies of passports. They have been told to have copies in each of the suitcases that they take in case something happens to the real passports...that way they will have the numbers, etc. After she made the copies, Kathy cut Woody's hair. Woody's hair has come back in a bit curly and all of a sudden he had sprouted wings...the haircut helped to get those wings under control! It is so strange what chemo does to ones hair...the color of his didn't change at all...but texture and curliness are definite changes! While Kathy was cutting Woody's hair, Abigail came over to have her sewing lesson. Today she got to make her first project...a small heart pillow. She was very pleased that it looked like a heart. She had attempted to make a heart prior to lessons and it was pretty boxy...not to her liking...so Grammy shared some secrets with her as to how to make a curve, etc. She did a great job! And Graham is doing great on his little nine patch quilt. When he last left he was ready to sew the binding down by hand on the last two sides.

Woody has read (finished a book), done a few cross word puzzles, and watched some TV. In between school/sewing with the children I managed to get started on my new book.

No comments:

Post a Comment