Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Spinnin' Day!

We have had a spinnin' kind of day. Woody got up really early (he said "way too early"). Around 8am we got into the car and headed to McMinnville (about 45 miles away). I had a doctor appointment with our primary care physician...I have to go every six months for labwork and to get my prescriptions renewed. After we got back to Tullahoma, we headed to the library so I could get several more of the books in the series that I'm reading...I seem to be getting through with these books in about two days...so I got four more of them. Then Woody wanted me to go to the Community Center with him so I could take a picture of him spinning. I even got on the cycling machine to see if I could do it. I may start going with him and doing some spinning myself...time will tell! I got his picture...you can't see it very well, but he has a book propped on the "handle bars" and he is reading while he spins. He wanted me to get a picture of his feet whirring around...well, I did get a bit of a blur so you can tell that they are in motion. I went out in the lobby and read while he spun. After he got some exercise, we headed home to have lunch. Then after lunch, we walked next door to give Kathy her birthday present. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATHY! (I won't tell which one it is...though I know, since Nathan will have this one in a few months!) Shortly after we came back to the house, I left to go get my hair cut. Woody got in some times of reading today...first in the wee hours of the morning, then while he waited for me to get out of the doctor's office and then on and off this afternoon. Woody did manage to get in a nap to make up for his too short night's sleep. I have been reading and undecorating the tree. I'm a bit tired after all the running around so haven't accomplished as much as I might have...but the tree is definitely a lot barer tonight than last night. After the evening news, Woody headed off walking to the prayer room at church. It is a damp foggy night. I got a call from Graham inviting us over to share a special birthday treat...cheesecake with homemade blueberry,raspberry, strawberry sauce drizzled on it...yum! I brought Woody's piece back for him to have when he returns from his prayer time at church and walk home. Anyway...it has been a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment