Saturday, January 8, 2011

Settling in...again!

I mentioned the other day that I took pictures of the fish tank in the waiting room while Woody was having his CT scans. Tonight's picture is one of the pictures that I took and then used filters and other special effects with my new software to make it look different. The special effect that I used on tonight's blog picture was "plastic wrap." I think it's funny the way it turned the real fish and water into a "plastic scene." I have been having fun with my Christmas present from Woody...the photography software...checking out the many things that it can do. I am enjoying it most when making the pictures have more true-to-life color. But it is fun to make the pictures look entirely different too! I had a collage showing this picture the way it was originally and then four ways that I had changed it...BUT the collage software shut down on me and the collage didn't get saved...and I'm too lazy to go back and redo it!

Woody has had a busy day. He went to the Credit Union, WalMart, and Kroger early this morning. Then a bit later he went to the community center to spin and also to the library. He got me the next book in the series that I started this week. I finished the first book last night so was ready to get on to the next one. While Woody was at the library, Kathy, Graham, and Elijah came over. Nathan and the three girls had gone on a special reward trip for Joy to Chuck E. Cheese. Joy made three catches with her giant Chinese yo-yo. So a big celebration! Graham ended up staying over here and ate lunch with us. Then after the girls got home one by one they came over. Graham left at a point and went home and the girls stayed till just before dark. They had fun in the toy closet...getting out quite a few things because they decided that they wanted to play store. They put everything away before heading home. Woody has been working off and on a jigsaw puzzle. I ended up sitting down and working it some too just before I came upstairs to blog. Puzzles can really capture you once you get into finding pieces...I put in several before coming upstairs. I have a feeling that Woody is downstairs finishing up the red part of the cardinal, as his comment to me was that there weren't many red pieces remaining. Woody has read and watched basketball this afternoon and read LOTS of stories to the children.

So as this day comes to a close...I guess you could say that we are settling back in after returning from our latest time at NIH.

No comments:

Post a Comment