Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday Meanderings

Woody got up early. I slept in later...then had trouble getting underway with the day...guess it was just a "MONDAY!" Once I got started I had Joy and Esther come over for school together. They will be having it together while their parents and Graham and Abigail are away...so we were getting used to doing it that way. While they were having school, Woody started to head out on a walk, but it had started raining a bit so he put it off for a while. The girls went home around lunch time. After lunch Woody was able to head out on a walk as it never rained very much. While he was walking, I traced off a pattern and cut it out and basted it together to see if it was the right size for Kathy. I have a tunic pattern that seems like it would be comfy in the Southeast Asia climate and would meet cultural acceptance. After I got it basted together I took it over for her to try on. She wasn't home so I had a sewing lesson with Abigail. By the time Abigail and I were finished, Kathy was home so we did the fitting. Then Graham accompanied me back to the house to have another quilt piecing lesson (I'm not sure that I'm qualified for these lessons as I am really not a quilter!) But he is enjoying going through my scraps and choosing what he wants to put together. We got the pieces cut out and then he went home to start putting the pieces together. I came upstairs a little while ago to start the blog and there came a tap-tap-tapping on the front door and it was Graham coming back to find out what to do for the next step. At this point he doesn't have precision down...but he is learning. He is making a square with a pieced heart in it. Woody has read and watched a bit of TV today. He just got home from the Monday night prayer meeting at church. He is now watching TV and after I blog I'm going back to my cutting board. That about sums up our meanderings for today...this last day of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment