Monday, January 17, 2011

Made With Love

Tonight's blog picture shows the ornaments that are on the table at the moment...off the tree and ready to be put away. All of these are either hand or machine embroidered...either by me or friends or family...these represent a lot of hours of labors of love! The tree continues to get barer and barer. I reached the point a little while ago that all that have their own boxes are now all off the tree and in their boxes. Now I start taking them off the tree in categories. These handmade ornaments have boxes with acid-free tissue that I will be putting them away in. So slowly but surely the job of undecorating the tree is getting done. That is about all I have done today...except read when I need a break.

We both got up really early. I made us a mushroom omelet for breakfast. Woody went for a walk this afternoon. He has read and worked word puzzles today. At the moment he has gone to church for the Monday night prayer meeting.

Thoughts from Woody:

NIH has told us nothing about how to improve my immune system. They do have me on a broad spectrum antibiotic (Bactrim) which I take three times a week. I have been gathering my own list of ways to improve my immune system:

*Get a good night's sleep (I've become a nap taker, too. I have found being able to take a nap when I feel like it is a perk of retirement.)
*Get exercise--supposedly the lymph system works & secretes immunity-related hormones only when the body is in motion (I'm trying to get at least one significant period of exercise in every day)
*Don't get sick (wash hands regularly)
*Psychoneuroimmunological pathway--the way you think determines or at least has a direct impact on the neurotransmitters that determine the extent to which you become sick. (I really never let my disease worry me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment