Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sewing Lessons!

This morning around 9am Woody and I headed next door to take care of Joy and Esther. The rest of the family had to go to the pediatricain's office. It was Elijah's 18 month check up and the rest of the crew (Daddy, Mommy, Graham, & Abigail) had to get their typhoid shots. Nathan, Kathy, Graham, & Abigail are preparing to go to Southeast Asia on a mission trip next month. Joy, Esther, and Elijah are staying with Goosey (Woody) and me for the two weeks that they will be gone. While they were at the doctor, the little girls and Woody and I played games...Hi Ho Cherry-O and Memory and I read several stories to them. Woody says that he didn't sleep while over there, but he certainly did have a "sinking spell" and I heard snores!

After they got back, I came home and got my laptop and took it over for Nathan to give a once-over. The internet connection works great over there so we have decided pretty much that it is a matter of distance from their wireless router to our computer that is giving us such a weak signal. Nathan is looking into the possibility of a router with a stronger signal.

I came home and had lunch and then proceeded to put away the rest of the ornaments and awaited a phone call from Abigail saying that she had finished her school work for the day and that it was time for me to go over and give her her first sewing lesson. She has been wanting to start lessons for a while now and finally...today! She did great...as you can see in the picture she is already attempting to sew around circles. Her goal is to make a heart pillow. She attempted to make one on her own and was disappointed in the results. She wants me to show her how to make one that has a good heart shape. (I'll try!) She took her lessons very seriously...she is definitely ready to start sewing on the machine. She already knits and crochets.

After lunch Woody went for about an hour walk. He has read, watched a bit of TV and rested after his walk.

This evening we got away from our soup routine and had my homemade marinara sauce with a new pasta...Mezzaluna stuffed with basil pesto filling...quite good. We both feel stuffed. I "think" that Woody is sleeping the effects of it off! (But he will probably tell me later that he didn't sleep...he certainly is still and has been for a while. I got a bit dozy after eating too.)

The next sound you should hear from our living room is...TIMBERRRRRRRRRRRR! The Christmas tree is ready to be taken apart and put back in its box. The snow has arrived and things are turning white once again! (About yesterday's mis-step...I seem to be none the worse for wear today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment