Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Recyclin' Day!

Another busy day! Woody and I headed next door a little after 9am to take care of the children. Nathan and Kathy went to a doctor appointment for Nathan. I "sort of" presided over Graham, Abigail, and Joy's school. Woody read stories to Esther and Elijah. Esther also had a little school as I took some of the Montessori equipment over to their house. Nathan's diagnosis is a ruptured disc in his lower back...not good for someone as active as he is...he is going to try some non-invasive treatments to see if they help him. When Nathan and Kathy got home the children helped carry all the Montessori stuff back to our house. Graham stayed for a few minutes and we went upstairs to check something out. I warned him to be careful about walking around in the hall or in the office without a light on as it was dangerous due to all the Christmas boxes that haven't been put away. So...what do I do? I walk down the hall without the light on and get my foot caught in a basket that is on the floor...that threw me off balance and "sort of" twisted various parts of my body as I attempted to keep from falling...as it was happening all I could think of was that something was going to get broken (meaning something on me!) and something did...the BASKET! But luckily I was close to the end of the hall and I broke my fall with the wall at the end of the hall. And, by God's grace I didn't break anything on me or even sprain my ankle. I do hurt in several places and may feel my mis-step more tomorrow! I did get to hurting more this afternoon...but I think that it is the weather change that is coming...we may be going to get some more snow tomorrow! And, watching the weather tonight there is a low in Texas that is heading our way...and, with my Transverse Myelitis, I often feel a low approaching when it is several states away! Lucky me to be a human barometer!?!

After lunch, Nathan came over to do a couple of things that we had asked him to do (despite his bad back)! He was checking to see what he needs to get at Lowes to fix a couple of things. I have a light going out under my kitchen cabinets and we had another light bulb (CFL) out. We had the one CFL light bulb but not the one for under the cabinet. Then he worked on the present that I gave Woody for Christmas...a digital, wireless rain gauge. I called these his "SONny-do jobs!" We really do appreciate all that our neighbors (Nathan, Kathy, and family) help us out with!!!

I continued to pack up and take off ornaments. At 3:15pm today I finally took the last ornament off the tree (unless there is a wayward one hiding still!). I have the last batch on the table awaiting their storage box. Then it will be time to get the tree into its box. THEN Woody gets the delightful job of repacking the puzzle of boxes into the Christmas closet!

While I was taking off the last ornaments, Woody had me call up Graham and see if he could come over and help him load aluminum cans into the car to take to the can man. Graham came over very willingly and was a great help! (Tonight's picture taken from an upstairs window) Woody even managed to wedge Graham into the car and off the two of them went to the can man. They recycled 72 pounds of aluminum! The money they received will be given to the Lottie Moon International Mission Offering to help support our missionaries in foreign countries.

This afternoon Woody went on a walk for about an hour. This evening Woody went to church to take part in the "Experiencing God" class that began tonight. I was going to go and work in the library while he went to the class, but my aches and pains won out and I stayed at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment