Friday, January 14, 2011

Thawing out!

I caught this icicle in the act of thawing...see the drip? Well, it did get down to very low temps...not sure as to just how low...some sources say 1F and some say 10F...either is very cold! But the sun came out and warmed us up quite nicely today. It actually got up to 42F this afternoon and things are starting to thaw...especially the roads. Tullahoma did have school today and definitely by the end of their day it was a good decision...don't know how things were on the side roads early with the extremely low temps. Melany's school system started 1 hour late and with bus driver's discretion (I always feel for those poor children who are waiting in the cold and their bus doesn't arrive to pick them up due to the bus driver's discretion!). Melany said that their attendance was way down today. Well, they got one day in for this week and now they have a three-day weekend due to Martin Luther King Day.

Woody and I both got up really early this morning (before 5am). I woke up and got to thinking about all that I needed to do so figured that it was just as well to get up and start "doing" and then take a nap later in the morning if and when I got sleepy. Well, I made it for a couple of hours and then knew that I was going to have to take that nap. Well, I took a nap...but it was waaaay too long...so my day got all turned around and I haven't accomplished much of anything. Woody walked to the library and got me the next two books in the series that I'm reading (so of course I want to read rather than undecorate!). While on that walk he stopped at the community center and spun for 48 minutes. He must have gotten himself some more movie DVDs as he was watching one when I went into the family room to put away some more snowmen. I decided that I was being too noisy with the tissue paper that I was wrapping things in, so left that room and went to the dining room and started putting away angels and Christmas bells...there is something in about any room that I can work on putting away so it's not a problem to have to leave a room at the moment! Woody helped me this afternoon. I stood on the step stool so I could reach the angels on top of our china cabinet and hand them down to Woody...a big help! That saved me (my back and knees) from climbing up and down and up and down and...(you get the picture!). Now, they await me finding their boxes so I can put them away (that is what I was working on just before heading up here to blog). Woody has read and worked on some Banana Gram puzzles, took his walk, spun, and was the official feeder of Abigail's fish today when he went over to turn their faucets off that he had set to dripping last night to keep their pipes from freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment