Thursday, June 7, 2012

According to Dorothy...

There's no place like home! We pulled into our driveway a little after noon. We started at 6:30 eastern time sp 5:30 central. We started out in fog, but after that it was a great weather day for a 350 mile drive. I don't know why, but I have wanted to do nothing but sleep/rest since getting home. And, I slept a good part of the way home too. Oh, we'll, maybe just catching up on lost sleep?! Woody walked to the fruit and vegetable market to get some tomatoes for our supper salads. I ended up just having some tomato slices...they were so good. We walked around our gardens and Nathan's and Kathy's. I can't believe how much growth had taken place in just the two days...especially in theirs! Their pumpkins had about tripled in size...and zucchini, yellow squash, and cucumbers starting to really produce. While we were gone Graham pulled one of his garlics...huge! Graham did a good job of deadheading our flowers while we were gone. Abigail picked up our mail each day...so necessary jobs were covered whether we were here or not...thank you, neighbors, for watching out for us while we were gone! It is good to be home...now to settle back in...for another four months! I have been working on the blog for close to an hour...so far the photo won't post...just a blank page so...maybe it will show up and maybe it won't. I'm washing my hands of it for the time being! (I have been trying different solutions all evening.  I finally was able to download google chrome...now to see what Woody thinks when he sees the changes in the morning!...But at 1am...I was finally able to download a photo!  This is one that I shot out the car window as the landscape flew by at 70 miles an hour Wednesday. The clouds were really interesting the whole afternoon yesterday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment