Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summery Sunday

Several days back I was sitting on the front porch waiting for some birds to land on the feeders.  Well, I noticed in the middle of the front yard that the sun was shining perfectly on this spider web.  I decided that I would try to capture it from the porch.  This is the photo that I got.  I love all the circles that were produced due to the way the light was hitting my lens as it focused on the web. (Be sure to click on this picture...remember I am sitting quite a far way from this web...when you look at it larger you will see an ant caught off to the right side of the main part of the web!)
And, I finally did get a birdie while sitting on the porch!  This cute little chickadee.  I can always hear the chickadees up in the trees before they come close to the feeders..."chickadee-dee-dee, chickadee-dee-dee." When I hear them I start watching for opportunities to capture them when they come into view.

Today we have had a pretty typical Sunday...except for the fact that I woke up super early (3am!) and couldn't get back to sleep.  I had gone to sleep a bit earlier than usual last night due to still being super tired after my all day sewing extravaganza...but then woke up waaaaaaaaaaaay too early.  I got up and worked on this laptop trying to figure out what we still had, what we didn't still have, and what we needed to get rid of!  I at least got the desktop cleaned up as I removed a number of icons that were no longer clickable shortcuts.  I think we have some questions to ask "our geek" about some of the programs, etc. that have shown up since he worked on the laptop.  We are attempting to make a list of items to question him about.  Woody got up a bit later than I, and he went on a six mile walk while it was still a bit cool.  We both went to the early service at church and then to Sunday School.  Woody taught his class.  Then we came home and have pretty much taken it easy this afternoon.  I flopped in the recliner planning to read and once again fell fast asleep...so guess made up for my super early waking hour!  Woody went to church this evening. I talked to my sister on the phone and then got the pictures off my camera and onto my Passport (small external hard drive) and looked through these to choose tonight's blog photos.  That about sums up a very warm, summery Sunday here in Middle TN.

No comments:

Post a Comment