Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Drive Down Memory Lane!

I'm sure that many of you have friends to whom you haven't talked to or seen in ages, and, when you do talk to or see them, you just pick right up where you left off. Well, today I made a call to such a friend...my roommate at Cottey College.  What a fun talk we had!  We will have our 45th reunion next year (oh, my...how did that happen?!?).  We decided that we need to go!  It will be next April...so we have some time to get plans under way.  She lives in Kansas...much closer than I to the campus.  Well, it's a fun idea and would be great to see each other again as well as some of our other classmates.  She and her family have visited here in Tullahoma and we have visited them in Kansas over the years.  But it has been some time since we have been together.  We talk once in a while and always say that we need to talk more often.  Tonight's photo is one that my father took of the chapel and one of the residence halls on Cottey's campus. When I attended, we had mandatory chapel on Wednesday nights. We dressed up that night for supper and for chapel...of course, according to current thought, we dressed up almost all the time, as we had to wear dresses...always if we were going off campus and couldn't wear slacks out of our dorms till after 7pm!!!! After 7pm we could go to the library or to another dorm or to a snack bar on campus in our slacks.  Funny how times have changed!!!  Bet those rules don't hold true today...I know that they don't...or no one would go there!  But those were just the days and times...and, I'm glad that I experienced the times "back then!"

Woody walked seven miles in a nice gentle rain this morning...using an umbrella he didn't get wet.  We both went to the early church service.  Then we went to Sunday School.  Woody taught his class and I was a student this week in mine.  This afternoon we were both upstairs when we heard the sounds of little voices and one deeper voice as our front door opened.  One little voice said, "knock knock!"  I went downstairs to see about our visitors.  They had come for a family movie time.  They had a VHS that they wanted to watch and we are the ones with the machine that plays VHS and DVDs.  I popped popcorn with Abigail's help. After seeing that the bags of popcorn got handed out, I headed back upstairs and read (and played solitaire on the iPad) and dozed a bit.  Then talked to Lydia.  All in all a very pleasant Sunday!  Good taking that Sunday drive down memory lane!

No comments:

Post a Comment