Saturday, June 23, 2012

Ye Ol' Bake Shoppe!


Lots of sewing and lots of good eating at this bake shop themed sewing day.  The tables all around the room were filled with almost 40 quilters and their various machines and sundry supplies.  What a fun day!  Lots of great things to eat too.  We all wore aprons to go along with the baking theme.  One wore a Mrs. Santa apron!  Their were cupcake centerpieces on each of the tables where we ate lunch.  My sewing table is the one that is closest to the camera...my place is where the empty chair is!  You can not imagine all the beautiful creations that were made during the eight hours that we were there...a very talented group of ladies.  I never manage to get as much done as I would like and/or plan to when I go to sew-ins such as these...but did get enough fabric pieced together to make the other front for my crazy patch vest.  There really is hope that it will get done!  It is now ready to embellish the seams.  I "thought" that I would come home and continue to sew, but...my back says no!  I can't tell you how much I walked today going back and forth to the ironing board and the table where the cutting mats were.  My "sewing-partner-in-crime," Connie, said that she thought that I had probably walked as much as Woody did today! So by the time I got home my back was really hurting and my body just said no more sewing for today.  I flopped first on the bed, but wasn't comfortable there so finally ended up in the recliner in our bedroom.  I settled in to read, but was asleep before I knew it. It was a very hot day today.  Woody walked seven miles early in the morning.  In the end he didn't leave the car at the church for me.  I decided that I had everything that I needed and that if I didn't have something that I could do without!  He went to the library and the fruit/vegetable market after dropping me off.  And, then I really don't know what he did with the rest of his day till he came and picked me and my sewing equipment up late this afternoon.  I managed to load up pretty well on yummy chocolate desserts during the day.  For lunch we had sub sandwiches from Subway complemented with salads (fresh fruit, ambrosia, and pasta salads) that the ladies in the quilt guild made....and then................cupcakes, cakes, and candies to delight our taste buds.  A scrumptious day for sewing and eating.

2 comments: