Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday

Woody got up early and went on a six-mile walk. I don't know if I heard him and woke up...didn't realize it if I did. But I woke up around 4am (that shows you what early for Woody was today) and he was already up and gone. I decided that I would read for a while. I did read for about an hour and then went back to sleep for a while. Our two oldest grandchildren Skyped me a little before eight. That's a fun thing that we can do now that I have the iPad. It gets to their dog when he hears me call his name from the computer! I went downstairs and fixed myself a cup of English Breakfast tea and then took it, my camera, my book and iPad out on the front porch and enjoyed the early morning breeze and pleasant temps. Woody headed off to the grocery store. I stayed on the front porch till he returned. Then I went in and put away the groceries. Later in the morning Woody ran a couple other errands. I fixed us some fried squash from Nathan and Kathy's garden for lunch. Then this afternoon I ended up reading for a while and taking a nap. Woody has been working on putting stamps in the stamp album...quite a bit of figuring out to do. After I finally woke up enough I fixed our supper. We had pork chops, a baked potato, and herb mushrooms. The mushroom recipe is one that I have made many times over the years...just hadn't had it recently...they are flavored with lemon juice and coriander, bay leaves, and fresh ground pepper. Quite tasty...especially since we hadn't had them for such a long time. I have had this recipe since at least the 80's as I know that I first made them at our house on Westview and we have lived here on Yale since 1984. This evening I have talked with a friend making plans for going to a "quilting extravaganza" next Saturday. She is one of the ones in charge of getting everything ready for it...I am just a guest attendee. I'm trying to figure out what sewing/quilting project I will work on...my goal for this next week is to get everything organized for said project so I can carry it and my sewing machine and all needed sewing notions with me to have a fun "Sew Super Saturday." A whole day of nothing but sewing and fun! We didn't hear anything from our computer doctor today. So still making do with just the iPad...so, again, no photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment