Saturday, June 30, 2012

Oasis

I decided that the birdies would need an oasis in the midst of all the heat that we are having.  So I put on my thinking cap to come up with something that I could put water in.  Thanks, Nathan!  He gave us these double trays after they didn't work the way he wanted them to in his giant bubble act.  I had thought that I would plant flowers in them, but hadn't to this point..and now I'm glad, as I dragged it around to the front yard and put several buckets of water in it wondering when the birds would find it.  And, find it they did.  They especially I am so glad that I did put it out.  I actually saw little birds panting sitting on the branches in the trees this afternoon.  Too hot for man and beast and plant life in Middle TN! I did water the flowers early this morning...you can see in the photo how crispy the grass is.  It's just plain hot!

Woody got up early and walked his 12-mile route...for those in Tullahoma...from our house to the movie theater and back. He had a couple of errands that he didn't do yesterday (he went in the car for those). After he got home, he walked to the library and then to the fruit market for tomatoes and then back home.  He did all that before noon. So he has gotten in his exercise today...and, all before it got TOO HOT!  While he was away I made a salad to take to a friend who had double knee replacement (ouch) earlier in the week.  I have spent time typing recipes onto my iPad app.  While I was typing, I heard a musical sound...and low and behold...shortly my son's face appeared on the screen...and we were having a face-to-face conversation.  Then it wasn't long till I got to talk to Abigail and Joy and one of their new found friends.  Nathan told us a couple of things that they needed done and then we said goodbye.  I started typing again...and same musical sound...and there was Esther's little face...she had missed out on the first call!  Technology can be fun!  I have been trying to finish a book because Woody brought me a new book from the library that I am interested to get started reading.  This has been a good day to cook (a little), read a little, type a little...but mostly just sit as still as possible to keep cool and hydrated...and try to see that the little birdies have a drink too!  I did have fun photographing the birds through the window today...cooler way to get bird photos today!  Tonight's photo was taken through the living room window. Be sure to click on the picture so you can see the little birds' thankful expressions on this the half-way point in the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment