Friday, June 8, 2012

Cried "Uncle!"


I have finally given in to Google/Blogspot and downloaded Google Chrome.  I think that it "should" be much easier to blog...that is till they change it again!  I had been resistant to a different search engine as when we upgraded Internet Explorer, we had nothing but trouble and the computer geek who fixed my laptop said not to upgrade.  Well, after it took so long to blog last night and not being able to add a photo, I decided that it was time to at least try Google Chrome.  And, so far so good (and, I was able to post a photo for last night's blog after I downloaded Google Chrome!). The photo is inserted BEFORE I write the blog tonight.  Yeah!  I have been going down memory lane today as I am now connected with friends that I went to college with.  So today I went through my file folders for 1966 through 1968...the years that I was a student at Cottey College in Nevada MO (by the way...I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for Cottey...that is where I met Woody!).  I was ferreting out some info about two trips that we went on while I was at Cottey and then decided to scan some of the photos into my laptop.  This is a picture of Main Hall at Cottey that my father took when they dropped me off at Cottey in August of 1966. I scanned some of the photos that he took in black and white and also developed in his darkroom in our home.  Ahhhhhhhhhh memories!  It has been fun going through things.  Cottey is a two-year liberal arts college for women...though, just this year they have started offering several 4-year programs...but in my day...just two.

Woody got up early...so did I so I could explain to him the new features of our new search engine!  I had already printed out his crossword puzzle just in case he got up earlier than I.  I also left him a note that "things" had changed in the way we could find "things" on the computer and told him that I would give him a lesson when I got up!  After he had his lesson, he headed off on a walk and I went back to bed.  He walked seven-miles and I slept a couple more hours!  He went to the grocery store minus Elijah today.  He has spent quite a bit of time with one or another of the grandchildren.  He and Graham have been capturing bugs and trying to identify them.  The last was a gigantic beetle.  I'm running a bit late in blogging as they were looking on the internet trying to find exactly what kind of beetle it is.  Joy, Esther, Elijah and Graham just left a few minutes ago.  They have been playing...pretending that they were part of the Laura Ingles Wilder's book, Little House in the Big Woods.  The big kids are taking turns reading that book out loud to their family. And, for the first time in a long time, it has only taken me a few minutes to blog, rather than an hour or more.  Glad that I finally cried "Uncle!" Hope that this is the answer to my blogging problems of late!

1 comment:

  1. I have been having "fits" trying to blog too. My computer geek son-in-law doesn't like Chrome, so I have dragged my feet. But, I am with you. It just takes tooo long to post.

    ReplyDelete