Monday, June 18, 2012

COMPUTERS!!!!!

The word "computer" is not high on my list today. Our laptop is still residing with the geeks. They did call today...it sounds like it is not behaving and they need to back everything up and then take everything off and reinstall Windows. The only problem with that is that they will not be able to reinstall program files...i will have to do that...gulp! My main concern is with my sewing software. Maybe I am just borrowing trouble! Hopefully my imaginings are worse than reality will be. The laptop problem is not caused by a virus...they are not sure why it is running so slowly. Then the next problem with computers came when I decided it would be a good day to update my "books read" list. That list is kept on our old PC. I got it all updated and then decided to print off a copy of the 22 pages. Well, the computer and printer would NOT talk to each other. I did everything but stand on my head...and almost did that when I crawled under the desk to check connections. Anyway I spent hours tearing my hair out over it...then Woody took over and he doesn't know what he finally did but after several hours of him messing with it, it finally decided to print! COMPUTERS...they are great when they work, but when they don't..............! I woke up super early...1:30am (I went to bed too early last night). So when I couldn't get back to sleep, I ended up getting up and reading for several hours. I did go back to sleep for a couple of hours...but that got my day all turned around. Woody did walk his four-mile route today. He also ran a couple of errands today.

No comments:

Post a Comment