Friday, June 22, 2012

Packin'

You may not be able to understand/believe it...but it is easier to pack for a two-week (or more) trip than it is to pack for a one-day sewing event!  I have been gathering things that I will need all week...and still don't have them all together.  Sewing is different these days...you don't just need fabric, a machine, and thread, and maybe a pin or two...there are ever so many other notions that I depend on just for ordinary sewing.  I'm trying to take all that I need and not have to make a trip home or to the store to get what I'm lacking!  My sewing excursion will become part of Woody's exercise tomorrow.  He plans to get my machine into the car, drive me downtown to the church where we are meeting, carry the machine in, and then walk home.  At the end of my sewing day, he will walk back to the church, take my machine to the car, and drive me back home.  My machine is just so heavy that it is very difficult...if not almost impossible for me to lift it and carry it very far, so Woody very nicely always volunteers to help me get it transported in and out of the car.  Woody walked early this morning due to the heat that we are having at the moment.  He walked his four-mile route.  Then he did our weekly grocery shopping.  I helped to put away groceries when he returned.  We had a nice treat...the Hasty's stopped by our house so we could visit with them and all four of their grandchildren.  We see the Shelbyville, TN grandchildren from time to time, but rarely see the Shelbyville, KY grandchildren.  We were presented with some baby  Frosties...yum! So we had a special treat with our lunch today and there are still several in the freezer! When you put a Wendy's Frosty in the freezer you get a Freezie!  After lunch, I gathered up my laptop and some of my software CDs and headed to town.  My first stop was the church so I could leave a book in the library to be processed and turn in some checks I had received for memorial books.  Then I headed with our laptop to Janie's Sewing Center to see if we could get the problem solved that has occurred due to our laptop being worked on.  We managed to get one of the programs downloaded, but are still stymied by another.  Well, at least we're getting closer to getting the laptop back to the way it was...don't think that it will ever be as it was...but at least it's workable.  Well, back to packing up my sewing room (what a vision this should bring to several sewers who read this blog!)! Tonight's photo is one of the pumpkins that Nathan and Kathy have growing in their garden.  I also spotted a pretty good sized cantaloupe on a vine near the pumpkins.  

No comments:

Post a Comment