Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hot, Hotter and Even Hotter!

The weather forecast is noted in the title of tonight's blog.  I have gone back into older photos of my flowers as currently suffering to survive and not producing a lot of blooms.  I have done some watering today, but I'm afraid that it won't be enough with the temperatures that are predicted over the next few days...over 100F here in Middle TN is just too hot!  Woody continues to walk early in the mornings. Today he walked five miles.  I got up and headed straight into the sewing room and sewed all morning.  Then this afternoon I worked in the library for a couple of hours.  And, since coming home, I have taken it easy as I'm just too tired to go back to sewing...I don't know if it is the heat or just me being tired at the end of a rather long day.  Tonight's picture shows our balloon flowers...you can see them in several sizes as they "blow up" to pop and become the beautiful flower that you see.  The buds start out green and as they get closer to opening they get lighter in color. It is a very interesting plant...and very pretty when there are blooms all over it.  These come back year after year and they spread...we need more of that type that seem hardy to our area. They are one of the few plants in the garden that don't seem to be suffering too greatly from the heat and lack of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment