Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Eyes Have It!

Yesterday it was my teeth (and computers) and today it is my eyes!  What next?!?  I tend to have dry eyes and once in a while their dryness causes a problem...when I wake up my eyeball seems to stick to my eyelid...no fun.  Usually if I grab my artificial tear drops and put them in and then lie back down with my eyes closed they are okay very shortly.  Well, not so, today!  It took all morning before I was even able to open my right eye.  I had to lie in bed with both eyes closed due to the fact that when one eye is open then the other one tends to move around too...ouch!  I kept using the eye drops and they just didn't seem to help much.  Finally I decided that I would try another brand of artificial tears that I have...and shortly after using them my eye started to quit hurting.  At that point it was almost noon.  I was very thankful for audio books on my iPad.  I ended up listening to Anne of Green Gables for most of the morning.  I have been able to read some this afternoon, though my right eye is rather blurry...but the left compensates! I'm so thankful that eyes heal so quickly! Woody walked eight miles early this morning.  Then he made four loaves of zucchini bread.  The zucchinis (and squash) are growing like weeds!  Though these are big, they are very tender and seeds still very small.  They were perfect for the zucchini bread.  This afternoon Woody walked to the Post Office.  I finally got around to doing something this afternoon.  I continue to gather things to take to "Sew Super Saturday" this Saturday.  At the moment my sewing machine is humming along making some lace that I want to add to the crazy patch vest that I'm making.  I'm hoping to at least get the other front pieced together and embellished during the time that I am there. One of these days I will have a completed vest!

No comments:

Post a Comment