Thursday, June 28, 2012

To The Rescue!

Around noon I went next door to borrow something from the neighbors (Nathan and Kathy)...you know like borrowing a cup of sugar from your neighbor...well, I needed to borrow a teaspoon of paprika!   I went around to the back of the house to go in their back door and there was a bird trapped on their screened-in porch.  I opened the door (and stood back), but I think that I scared him too much as he stayed at the far side of the porch and kept flying into the screen.  I decided to let him calm down a bit so I went in by way of another door and got the paprika and found something that was tall enough to prop the door open so he could fly out without me being right there.  I propped the door and walked to the other end of the porch and he flew to the other side and it didn't take too long for him and his little bird brain to find the way out.  So I have been a bird humanitarian today!  I was needing the paprika to make a new crock pot chicken dish...one that is still cooking as I type.  It won't be sampled till tomorrow...that is unless one of us needs a snack around bed time when it is due to be finished!  After getting that ready to cook, I was about done in.  I think that the heat has gotten to me...sapped all my energy.  I took a long rest this afternoon, when I really meant to read.  I did start to put some recipes onto my iPad using a personal recipe app that I have found.  We have so many recipes, but I thought that I would put some recipes in as I use them.  I don't want to do away with a hard copy of our recipes as I don't want to lose them when the iPad or laptop decide to "act up!"  But it will be so nice to have them on the iPad as I can search for recipes by ingredients.

Woody walked six-miles this morning.  It's a good thing that he walks early as it is so hot these days.  Our digital thermometer said that it was about to read 100 and then it went down...but later in the day it read over 100...but it was in the sun at that time...so I don't feel that that counts!  WeatherBug reports that we got to 102 today.  Whatever the temp it was too hot for Middle TN.  When I walked next door, it was reminiscent of my days of growing up in Arizona!  And, at this point the humidity isn't all that bad either...only 26%...guess that could be considered "dry heat" for TN!  Folk are always talking in AZ that it doesn't feel as hot as it really is due to it being "dry heat." Woody has taken it easy today, too.  He has read, watched TV, done his crossword puzzle and done some cooking. He made his vegetarian burrito concoction for lunch.  And, this morning he used some of the garden cucumbers and made sweet pickle relish.  Now that relish made me be bad...it made me want a hot dog.  Well, I gave in and found some hot dogs that we had buried in the freezer and fixed one for my lunch.  Not something that I have very often...but with good homemade sweet pickle relish...I just "needed" one to try that relish on!  And, I will admit that it tasted very good...for a change!

 I forgot to mention on Tuesday that Woody went to the dentist for a check-up and cleaning.  His teeth checked out fine...so definitely his tooth pain of the last few weeks had been sinus related.  I "gave" him my check-up appointment as I just wasn't ready to go in for my check-up and cleaning after the work that I had had done over the last two weeks!  That appointment can wait for a couple more weeks for me! (It wasn't hard for me to give up that appointment!) This evening I have had a nice phone conversation with one of my close friends.  We hadn't talked in some time.  It was good to catch up with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment