Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tangled Webs?

Well, we have our laptop back from Geeks. I have been downloading CDs with programs on them. So far I have some of my photography programs back on the computer...as well as two printers. I haven't attempted any of the sewing software yet. And, we don't have password access yet to the Internet. One doesn't realize how much "stuff" one has on a computer! But so far I have been able to put my hands on the CDs that I need. It will be a while till it is back to being "our" computer again...it may never get back to the way I had icons organized...hard to find things the way they are now. Woody took a four-mile walk early this morning. He came back with a gallon or more of blackberries. I made a blackberry cobbler this afternoon. I think that we will freeze the rest. After the cobbler came out of the oven we headed off to Geeks. We had to make a stop at the Credit Union as they don't accept checks at Geeks. then we picked up our laptop and headed home. Since then I have been loading CD after CD...takes a while for each one. One usually doesn't have to download so many at one time. I think that it is time to give the CD drive a rest...don't want it to overheat! Well, just printed a test page from our main printer and it works! Speaking of printers...Woody did finally get our original printer to work last night and print out my 22 page book list...guess he knew how to hold his mouth just right! Woody is now at the prayer room at church. He walked there as usual. I asked him to please not fall down either on the way there or on the way home! Guess I'll go back to untangling the confusing webs of getting this laptop back to being ours! So far so good...hopefully things will continue to go smoothly.  (ooooooooooooooh...many hours after I blogged...but finally have an internet connection on the laptop and can once again add a photo...back in business at least as far as the blog and photos and printing and email...but still haven't been able to get correct response from sewing software CDs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment