Friday, June 29, 2012

Tullahoma Record Breaker

According to the Tullahoma Utility Board (or as they are known around here...TUB) Tullahoma broke it's record for high temperature this afternoon around 3:30pm.  They said that the record high before today had been 106.  Today TUB recorded 108.6!  The reported highs for Tullahoma seem to vary from our almost 105 to 106 (Weatherbug reporting from Tullahoma airport) and 108.6 (Tullahoma Utility Board).  We never got that high according to our thermometer (pictured), but almost 105 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too hot!  I guess that I just thought that I had moved away from AZ 43 years ago!

Woody walked six miles early this morning.  Then later in the morning he did our grocery shopping.  He has also had a pickle making day...he's made two kinds...spicy bread and butter and freezer dill.  I have been typing recipes into an app on my iPad...anything to keep from moving around too much.  I did finish cutting out my vest this morning, but just haven't felt like bringing it to the sewing machine. I will admit that our new heat pumps are doing a very good job...not running a lot and keeping the house at a comfortable (compared to outside) temperature.  But this weather does really take all my energy away.  I did  water plants this morning and I went out and checked on them a little while ago and it looks like most of them came through this very hot day and don't look much worse than they did yesterday!  Too hot to do much of anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment