Friday, July 13, 2012

And...they're off!

Woody and I saw Graham off on his first church camp experience in which his dad isn't the camp pastor.  Before he left, he and Goosey went over to his house to get his water bottle and they discovered that the Luna moth was indeed a female and had laid a lot of eggs.  That discovery made me put in a call to Melany to let her know about the Luna moth eggs as she had asked for some of the eggs along with the moth for graduate school art project that she is working on.  Not knowing how long till these eggs would hatch, she decided that she would come today to get the moth, eggs...and Erin!  Erin wasn't quite ready to head home, but Grammy needed a break.  I told her to let me rest up a bit and then she could come back if she would like.  Melany and Alex arrived shortly after lunch.  Melany and Woody divided up the Luna moth eggs...some for her and some for Graham.  Woody had already gotten some hickory leaves to put in the boxes for the little caterpillars to eat when they hatch out.  So I guess we have the life study of a moth for Graham and his siblings and more fodder for an art project for Melany.  After Melany, Erin and Alex left, I headed off on a mission...researching vacuums...trying to decide on a replacement for our vacuum that decided to bite the bullet last week as I was vacuuming getting ready for company. Still no decisions have been made...but the process is started.  Woody took me out for a treat this evening after supper...a Blizzard at Dairy Queen...YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment