Friday, July 27, 2012

Not a Happy Camper!

I love the Olympics.  I'm one of those who could be glued to the TV for the next two weeks...but alas...not this year.  We(this day and age)have become so "advanced" in our electronics (technology), etc. that now that we have to have digital TV...we cannot get certain channels...one of those being NBC.  It would seem that one would be able to get something on the computer or iPad...but unless one has cable or some such other device feeding TV into one's house...it seems that you are out of luck.  We are on an antenna...so no other signal coming into the house that will provide coverage.  I guess I will have to be satisfied with just bits and pieces (clips here and there that NBC decides to release) of the Olympics this year.  I did find an app that will let me keep up with medal counts, etc.  Maybe I will find something "more" once the athletic events actually commence...but so far it looks like NBC has a pretty tight hold on being able to see much if one doesn't have something feeding NBC into their home.  I don't understand why the NBC stations signals from Huntsville and/or Nashville aren't stronger.  But at the moment I am pretty sad that I'm not downstairs watching the opening ceremonies.

Woody got up this morning and walked seven miles...boy is it humid...when he gets home, he literally has to peel his t-shirt off it is so wet!  Not my kind of walking conditions!  I got off to a slow start this morning...I woke up fairly early and got up, but didn't push doing much.  I read for a while, then later in the morning I did do a few things around the house and then went outside and deadheaded and did a bit of weeding.  The gardens have so many leaves in them that it looks like fall...the earlier drought conditions caused a lot of leaves to fall.  I raked and picked out some leaves from the garden in front of the front porch.  I then took pictures of the caladiums, so my sister could see that the bulbs that we planted while she was here are now popping up and looking pretty. I think that I have spotted ten that have sprouted...I'm not sure exactly how many bulbs we planted.  They add a nice touch of color to the gardens. Late in the morning, I walked next door because Elijah had come over to our house looking for Joy...Joy wasn't here so I walked back with him to see if we could find her (she was in their garage).  Nathan and Graham were working on their motor home.  It was decided that Graham would  use our new vacuum on the floor inside the vehicle.  So Graham, Elijah and I headed over to our house to get the vacuum...we headed back to their vehicle each carrying a part or two. The vacuum was disassembled at our house so that we would each have something to carry...equality!  Graham did a great job for a while and then Abigail worked at it for a while and then I took over and helped finish up the job with Abigail pointing out places that were missed!  Woody and Esther went grocery shopping and to the library. This afternoon we have pretty much taken it easy (not exactly sure what Woody did as I napped for a while).  For some reason today has seemed like Saturday all day long...guess that comes with retirement!

No comments:

Post a Comment