Friday, July 6, 2012

Cookin' Here in TN

Well, we were cooking both in the kitchen and outside today.  We did get a few drops of rain after I finished the blog last night...enough to get the street slightly wet...just not enough to dampen things under the trees...and we have a lot of trees...so not a lot got wet!  It was another hot day.  Everything is crunchy underfoot. Woody walked six miles early this morning beating the heat.  I stayed in mostly and made heat waves in the kitchen.  All is ready for tomorrow's feast except for one dish...I will do that after the blog.  I made my mother's recipe for Boston baked beans.  These have to cook on top of the stove for an hour and a half and then in a slow oven for six to eight hours!  Rather warm in the kitchen most of the day!  Woody thought that we probably could have cooked them outside!  Woody made the slaw.  And I made potato salad.  So next is a the cucumber jello salad...when one has so many cucumbers that salad shows up a lot!  Nathan brought over a sample of what they had for supper tonight...stuffed zucchini...very tasty!  I have done a little cleaning...but very little...guess I'll be getting up early tomorrow to finish what doesn't get finished tonight.  My get-up-and-go has just about gotten up and went!  Well, off  to see if Woody has peeled the cucumbers...a job that I have given him. Oh, i almost forgot, Woody did take another walk later in the morning. He walked to the fruit and vegetable market for another head of cabbage, some peaches and some tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment