Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Measuring Up!



And, yes, there are still shoe stores where you can get your foot measured!  And, I feel that we are privileged to have such a shoe store in Tullahoma!  It is getting to the time of the year that new "tennis" shoes are needed and today was Esther and Elijah's turn to go to the shoe store.  Both came out happy with their new purchases.  Grammy will take the others another day!  We decided to divide and conquer today...easier to do two or three at a time rather than all five...and, soon it will be Isaac's turn to get his first pair of shoes at Clayton's!  Woody walked eleven miles today.  He picked some more cucumbers from our garden today and made more pickle relish tonight.  It sounded like we were going to get a storm this afternoon and my energy seemed to be zapped so I stayed home and didn't go to work in the library.  We have had some pretty good storms roll through lately.  I forgot last night to mention the whopper that we got after I posted on Monday night.  By the time it was over we had gotten around 4 inches of rain.  We had small hail, too.  The wind picked up pretty good for a while and there were a lot of downed trees in town...but we only had limbs, branches and leaves on the ground in our yard the next morning.  Woody went to the dentist this morning to get the stitch out from his tooth pulling experience of last week.  He is healing well.  I had to make an interesting appointment today...with an orthodontist.  I wear a permanent retainer and one of the bands has come loose so need to have it taken care of...it will seem strange to go to the orthodontist that Melany and Nathan went to...that appointment is next week.  I'll bet that they don't have too many 64 year old patients come into their office.  Melany and Nathan's orthodontist is semi-retired...but I did manage to get my appointment with him.  Yesterday I called the computer geek who worked on our laptop a few weeks back. He answered some of my questions...but this laptop no longer seems like ours...it seems to have a mind of its own!  I finally put in a call to a Janome (my sewing machine brand) tech to see why I am not able to reload my customizing software.  So far I am still waiting for them to return my call.  I'm also waiting for my neurologist to phone in a renewal for one of my prescriptions...we have tried to pick up the prescription twice now.  So lots of waiting going on around here.  About the only thing that I got totally accomplished today was getting shoes for Esther and Elijah!  Oh, I have gotten a few more recipes typed into my iPad recipe collection.  I am enjoying using it as my cookbook.  It works very well for me...Woody still heads for the paper version of the recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment