Tuesday, July 17, 2012

She would have been 100...

If Mother had lived 1 year and 4 months longer, she would have been 100 today.  She gave us this basket of berries several years ago.  When she visited us, she loved to see the sun stream in from the western window in our kitchen and shine on the berries.  It only lands on the berries at certain times of the year.  This evening as I was walking into the kitchen to come upstairs to blog, this is what I saw...the sun streaming in on the basket "lighting up" the berries.  It certainly made floods of memories of Mother sweep over me.  The album that is next to the basket of berries is a scrapbook of her recipes.  Our niece made this and gave it to us this past Christmas.

It has been a fairly quiet Tuesday.  Woody got up early and walked his four-mile route.  The children have come in and out at various times.  We got Nathan to change the light bulbs in the light on our stairs...not an easy task.  Thanks, Nathan!  It's good to be able to see when we go up and down the stairs now.  As he came over and got busy on changing the light bulbs, I walked out the door to go get my hair cut.  We have both read and relaxed this afternoon.  Woody left a while ago to walk to the prayer room at church.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to a wonderful woman who changed my life too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture! A message from your mom as you came into the room, no doubt. That is also a lovely table cover, did you make it? ec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, ec, I did make the table cover. One of my few quilted projects!

    ReplyDelete