Monday, July 9, 2012

Fauna


This is how our day started out...Nathan called to say that there was a deer in our back yard heading toward our back door.  Well, by the time that I got my camera, the deer was heading down the side of our house so I had to run to the front of the house and quietly out the front door.  I managed to get a good shot of her in our across the street neighbor's front yard.  So I went back inside and went back to making Erin's breakfast (much better day for her waking up).  Before I got her ham and cheese omelet made I got another call...this time from Kathy.  She said to get my camera because Goosey (Woody) was on their back porch and had a Luna moth.  So I left Erin to grate the cheese on her omelet while I grabbed up my camera once again.  Woody had captured the Luna on his eight-mile walk.  He brought it home to Graham.  They have put it in a box and are hoping that it is a female and that she will lay eggs so they can raise them.  Erin helped with dishes after breakfast.  The little girl cousins came over with a doll with a broken leg and Erin helped them fashion a cast for her leg.  Then they had a rounder of a game of hide and seek.  We laughed when they couldn't find Erin.  When they left to look in another room, Erin said that she "was the elephant in the room" since they hadn't spotted her.  They had fun till lunch.   
After lunch Erin and Goosey made sweet pickle relish...a triple batch. Later in the afternoon, Graham came over and asked Erin to play Battle Ship.  After one game they went upstairs and Graham played one of Erin's computer games.  At a point during that time I went up to relax in the recliner in our room...well, I went into one of those sleeps when it is so hard to come back awake!  About the time that it was time for Graham to go home for supper, I did come back to life.  We had supper.  Then after supper Erin and I started on my job for her for the day...clean out a couple of cupboards...we attacked the tupperware cabinets first...matched up lids, etc.  And then we went on to the canned goods cabinet...oh, my.  All the canned goods are still on the kitchen floor as we are taking a break. 

It has been a good day...always is when Erin has a good day here.  She has been pouring through a cookbook trying to decide what we will make.  I want to go through all these cans and see what we have and what we can make with what we already have here.  Erin loves to cook! The three of us did take a walk last night after the sun went down and it was a bit cooler. We may do that again in a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment