Sunday, July 8, 2012

Diabetic Funk?

I got up this morning with the intentions of getting Erin up early enough to go to church.  But she was in her "sleep-in" mode as there is no telling what time she finally went to sleep last night (she tends to be a night owl) and was very hard to budge out of bed!  I finally decided that it was best if she and I stayed home.  So Woody went on to church without us.  When I finally did rouse her, her blood sugar reading was a bit low.  She has meds that she has to take 30 min. before she eats in the morning, so she did that as soon as she got up.  By that time it was really time for lunch!  So she ate, but not long after eating she felt sick to her stomach...so took an anti-nausea med for that and watched a DVD for a while and then went upstairs to lie down as she had a headache and was "out" for most of the rest of the afternoon!  Her cousins came over hoping to spend time with her, but instead stayed downstairs and played with K'nex, my grandfather's blocks, etc. Elijah came over and asked Goosey (Woody) to play catch with him. We finally got Erin up in time for supper.  She has eaten.  Her blood sugar reading is good.  She and I have been working crossword puzzles.  Woody just got home from the evening service. He hasn't walked today as he was going to walk with Erin after he got home from church this morning.  I think that we may go walk around the block in a few minutes.  There has been rain in surrounding areas of Tullahoma today...but no rain here...at least on our street.  Now if Erin would just go to sleep at a decent time tonight...but she is probably "slept out" and will stay up most of the night and then will be hard to get up in the morning!  I have plans for us tomorrow (hoping to get her to help me with some things around the house)...so need to get her up and going in the morning! She usually gets up better for her grammy than she did this morning...and when she is that way with me it usually tells me that she isn't feeling well due to her diabetes or one of her other ailments!  She has lots to deal with!

No comments:

Post a Comment