Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Lazy Summer Tuesday

Woody got up early and walked ten miles.  As for me...I slept longer than he!  I did do a little watering...just trying to keep some of the plants alive.  But I also hate to use precious water...so I am torn as I know that we have entered a time of drought.  I planned our Fourth celebration...which won't take place till Saturday.  I got all the ingredients that we will need on the grocery list (I hope!).  Melany, Wade, Erin and Alex will be joining Kathy, Nathan, Graham, Abigail, Joy, Esther, Elijah, and Isaac, and Woody and me for our 4th celebration which this year we are combining with a birthday celebration for Elijah.  He's turning three...hard to believe!

I continue to type recipes into my recipe app. One of our blog followers wondered what I was using for a keyboard on the iPad.  I am using the one on the screen, but I am using it just like a regular keyboard...not just using one or two fingers.  It does slow me down a bit as the numbers are on a different keyboard and you have to change back and forth between numbers, symbols and letters...but it still works.  Today I cooked for the first time using the iPad for my cookbook...and it worked great.  I made "Simmer Steak" which wasn't the best test as there isn't much recipe following, but still I have now used a recipe that I have typed into my iPad recipe "book."

I got a call a little while ago from the public library that they had a book that I had requested so after I got supper ready, I headed that way.  I passed Woody walking home from the Prayer Room at church.  He has had two walks today.  Me this afternoon after I got supper fixed I flopped in the recliner and read, played solitaire, and snoozed...good for a lazy day.  The birds are still enjoying the suet bird feeder.  I am just about to have to refill it...it is down to a very small piece.  I have one in the refrigerator ready to go in when this one is gone.  About the only birds that can get at it now are the woodpeckers...or perhaps this big ol' jay!

No comments:

Post a Comment