Thursday, July 19, 2012

Waiting Game Still Ongoing!

One waiting game paid off...I did manage to get a goldfinch in focus.  Several fly in each day to get some of the seeds from the cone flower.  Woody, as usual, got up early and went on a walk.  This time he walked six miles.  I had a difficult time sleeping last night.  I spent a good portion of the "night" in the recliner in our room...reading rather than sleeping.  I finally got sleepy and fell asleep and slept in the recliner till about 6am and then got up and slept in the bed for a couple more hours.  I am still playing a waiting game with the doctor's office and the pharmacy.  I called this morning to see if the pharmacy had gotten the renewal from the doctor yet...no, they hadn't.  So put in a call to the doctor's office...no problem...they would see that it got done.  Well, a little after 4pm I called the pharmacy and they still hadn't heard from the doc...so called the doc AGAIN.  I will call the pharmacy in the morning.  I have formed a plan...if the pharmacy hasn't heard from the doctor's office yet, I will call the doctor's office and tell them that I am on my way to pick up a written prescription! I run out of the medication tomorrow night and don't want to go through the weekend without it!  I've been working on getting this filled since Monday!

One waiting game ended this morning when the Janome software tech returned my call and pretty quickly solved my problem with reloading some software.  It was really strange when she worked it out so she could  work on my computer from where she was in New Jersey!  Amazing what can be done with computers...that is, when one knows how!  She was very pleasant and really knew what she was doing!

Woody ran an errand shortly before lunch.  He has read quite a bit today, too. At some point prior to lunch I managed to finish the book that I read on most of the night.  I also did a bit more work on the laptop to try to get it back to running the way we want it to run.  I played "circus train" with Elijah for a little while. Graham and his daddy are installing another fan on their back porch...Nathan was guiding Graham through the installation steps when I walked over there a while ago.  I  have given them another project...the fan and light in our bedroom isn't working correctly.  They said that they would look at it.  I call these home projects that we have for Nathan to do "Sonny-Do" projects rather than "Honey-do!"

I guess I will be playing more of the waiting game tomorrow...hopefully a couple of waits will be over!

No comments:

Post a Comment