Monday, July 2, 2012

Not Quite As Hot...

Maybe not quite as hot, but still hot!  Thunder has been rumbling around us...but just rumbles no rain on our yard.  It is just so dry.  Woody got up really early and went for a seven-mile walk.  When he got back he planned to use the laptop for a while...get his crossword puzzle, etc., but alas...no internet connection.  Since he needed something to do, he decided that he would use up the zucchini...so he made three loaves of zucchini bread.  I took a picture of two of the loaves with my iPad camera so I could put the photo with the recipe that I typed into the iPad recipe app.  So that is tonight's blog photo...can you just smell the bread and just about taste it?!?  I also helped transfer the pickles that were ready to be put in jars.  We are not canning these pickles...these are just refrigerator pickles. This afternoon a friend stopped to return a book to Woody that he had borrowed...he handed us baby Frosties...and we handed him a loaf of zucchini bread...seem like a fair exchange?!?  I'm looking forward to a Frostie (well, Freezie...since it has been in the freezer) after I blog this evening.  Nothing much better than a Frostie on a hot summer day!  I continue to type in recipes as that is an activity that doesn't use a lot of effort so it keeps me from feeling hot! And I am accomplishing something as the stack of loose recipes is going down...so that is a good thing for recipe organization and paper build-up around here.  I have talked to several friends on the phone this afternoon.  It's funny how the phone doesn't ring for several days and then it rings a lot all in one day.  It was good catching up with them.  As you can tell...that is if this posts...that I managed to solve our internet problems after I got up this morning.

1 comment:

  1. Bread looks yummy! Are you using the on-screen keypad for the ipad or do you have a "remote" keyboard? An ipad is on my wishlist, and I was wondering. My son uses the on-screen keypad, but he seems to type one finger at a time. Too slow for me. lol

    ReplyDelete