Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th from TN!


Woody got up early and walked eight miles.  I, again, didn't rise very early.  I talked to Melany while they traveled to visit with Wade's parents for the day.  Then a bit later I talked to my sister.  Finally I decided that it was time to start to make our pulled pork for Saturday.  This took the entire afternoon and into the evening.  I seems to take forever to get the roast cut up...it is very difficult to get the meat cut away from a really strange shaped bone and then while I am cutting it off the bone I am trying to trim away as much fat as possible.  Finally I got it into the pot and got all the ingredients added in and got it simmering. Then it is a three hour cooking process with me staying pretty close as I skim fat that rises to the top.  Anyway...I am tired...I always wonder if it is worth it while I am cooking it...but then when it comes time to eat it...I usually think that it is!  But at the moment the verdict is still out!  Woody has done a lot of reading today.

No comments:

Post a Comment