Saturday, July 21, 2012

UPS Came Through!


Finally...UPS made their delivery to us at 8:30 last night!  I had promised Graham that he could put the vacuum together so I quickly called over there hoping that he was still up and available for more work!  He slipped on over and made short order of getting our new vacuum together.  It is a strange looking contraption...but works very well...and on top of working well, it is very lightweight.  Our old vacuum was also a canister (my preference in vacuum styles), but it had gotten to be almost more than I could do to get it up and down the stairs.  When I needed to vacuum upstairs, it always seemed to be downstairs and when I needed to vacuum down, it always seemed to be up.  And, Woody wasn't always available to help me maneuver it up and down...so sometimes vacuuming got neglected.  With this one, I have no excuses as it is very easy to carry and it sort of follows me around like a little puppy dog when I am vacuuming!  I vacuumed some downstairs last night and have vacuumed a LOT upstairs today.  And, I should be hanging my head in embarrassment due to all the dirt that it has sucked up!  But I have been without a vacuum for two weeks...and that is my story...and I'm sticking to it! The vacuum is a Dyson and it won out when I researched vacuums on the Internet...due to its weight and easy maneuverability. So the vacuum is the last of things that I was waiting for...at the moment anyway!

Woody got up early and went for an eight-mile walk.  I once again didn't sleep the best so I got up when Woody did and started in on vacuuming upstairs.  With this vacuum my stamina seems to hold up better for a little longer.  I did take breaks off and on throughout the morning and part of the afternoon.  Finally at a point this afternoon I gave in and sat down in the recliner to read and promptly fell asleep and slept for a while (till my sister called)...guess early waking up and all that vacuuming finally got to me!  Woody walked to the library this morning and on the way home stopped at the fruit and veggie market...mmmmmmmmmmmm...peaches!  Earlier this evening, Kathy asked us if we would watch Isaac while the rest of them went on a bike ride.  He was so good.  He sat up and played on a blanket in our family room for a long time.  (He and I had a photo session while he played!) When I thought that he might like to be in a different position, I put him on his tummy...and it wasn't long till he took a little nap. They got home from their bike ride before he woke up so I took him home when he awakened.

We had more storms roll through last night.  And, it looks like we might get another this evening...at least it was sprinkling when I walked home from next door and I have since heard several rumbles of thunder...but at the moment things seem quiet...so maybe this one passed us by.  We seem to be catching up on our rainfall!

No comments:

Post a Comment