Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Chilly Chili Day!

Boy did the temperatures around here change...almost 80 one day and the next it didn't get out of the 40's.  My body prefers the higher temps...Transverse Myelitis doesn't like extremes (and, if given the choice over the extremes...prefers higher).  I was much better a day ago!  Today lots of aches and pains plus can't seem to get warm...even when wrapped up in a warm fleece throw.  Woody put off his walk till later in the day due to the cooler temps.  He walked to and from the library.  I got up and headed into the sewing room.  I am "repurposing" one of my jumpers.  I decided that I would like the jumper to become a skirt.  So I picked  the skirt off of the bodice.  That was a bit of a time consuming job.  I cross stitched this saying many years ago: "You Never Know What You Can Do Till You Try To Undo What You Did!"  So true...it took quite a bit of time getting it taken apart.  By the time that I got it apart, Woody was home from the grocery store and I needed to go down and put groceries away.  Then it was time to make a new chili recipe: Pork and Hominy Chili.  That took quite a while so we had a late lunch.  It is quite tasty and rather spicy...a good variant on our typical chili recipes.  Chili really hit the spot on this chilly day. I also stewed some chicken breasts and made chicken stock. After I got through with making the chili, stock, cutting the chicken up...and cleaning up the kitchen, I was done-in so headed upstairs to my favorite place these days...the recliner in our bedroom.  I rested, read, and listened to some music (using Pandora on my iPad). I listened to music while I cooked, too.  You can choose the type of music and/or artist that is played on this app...I chose music that reminded me of my high school and college days.  Later I went even farther back...Perry Como which lead into some songs from the Big Band Era.  Sort of fun... The funniest thing that I listened to was "Will You Still Love Me When I'm Sixty-Four?"  I guess that I hadn't heard that song in many years...and, it was a little strange listening to that song and realizing that I am now 64!  Sort of like the Christmas Song that says "for kids from 1 to 93"...once Mother was 94, I can remember telling her that I guessed that she was no longer a kid! I haven't had enough energy to get back to my sewing...so "repurposing" will have to wait for another day unless I get an unexpected spurt of energy in the next hour of so! This afternoon and evening Woody has read, watched football, and perhaps a DVD.

1 comment: