Thursday, October 11, 2012

Last Day to be SIX!

I had walked next door to show Kathy and Nathan something on my iPad and as I was leaving I sought out Joy to look at her one more time as a six-year-old!  She then asked me to take her picture with her doll on her last day to be six.  I didn't have my camera with me...but did have my iPad so snapped this.  The next picture that I will take of her she will be seven!  Time does fly.  It seems just like yesterday when Woody and I got the call pretty early in the morning that Kathy and Nathan were on the way to the hospital to have Joy.  We hopped in the car and headed Atlanta way.  A friend of the family took care of Graham and Abigail till we got there.  Easier to get to their house these days!

Elijah, Esther, Joy and Abigail had school with me this morning.  Elijah is making great progress on learning all the sounds that the letters make and is also getting a good concept of number recognition and counting.  Esther wasn't feeling the greatest this morning as her allergies are acting up. I went over to her house and she read me another story out of the Dick and Jane book.  Then Joy came over to our house and she did her math workbook pages.  After she finished her assignment, she and I went down to the kitchen and she helped me stem parsley.  I harvested it last night as it was supposed to frost this morning (though it didn't).  Then we washed it in the salad spinner and got it as dry as possible in the salad spinner (That spinner is a good lesson on centrifugal force!) .  Then we spread it out on a cookie sheet that was covered with paper towels for it to dry.  Abigail came over and read for a while.  Then she helped stem and wash the rest of the parsley.  I had two really good helpers for that job. When it is dry in a week or so I will have them come back and help me grind it  up in the food processor.  Joy also helped me cut some stems from my coleus plants to root.

This afternoon Woody and I headed down to the church to have our pictures taken for the church directory. The camera still seemed to be working after our photo session was completed. After that we stopped at the car repair garage.  They were getting ready to take it for a road test so we came on home.  A little while after we got home, Woody headed back to the garage on foot to pick it up.  They still aren't sure that it is fixed.  We are to drive it this weekend to see if the problem seems to be fixed.  I guess time will tell!

Well, guess I had better get a good night sleep so I will be ready for tomorrow to celebrate Joy's birthday.  We're invited for waffles and ice cream for lunch tomorrow! Yum! Presents are lined up next to our front door!

No comments:

Post a Comment