Monday, October 29, 2012

Breezy Monday


Woody waited till this afternoon for his daily walk.  He left shortly after I left for my six-month check-up with my neurologist.  Everything is status quo with my Transverse Myelitis...just go with what I have been doing medication-wise.  I left the house at 1:20pm for a 1:30pm appt. and was traveling home before 2pm.  I like quick doctor appointments!  On the way home I realized that the ginkgo tree was a bit yellower than it was four days ago. Also the little Japanese maple had lost more leaves (small tree with red leaves in the right corner).  I decided that I had better snap another picture or two before all the leaves blow off!  It is really breezy today and only got into the low 50's...so wind chill factor made it seem even cooler.  There is a wind advisory out for our area until tomorrow evening. I guess the wind is the effect we are feeling from Hurricane Sandy.  I'll take the wind over what those folk are experiencing on the East Coast! The smaller photo was taken four days ago and the larger photo was taken today...the Ginkgo is just about at its peek of golden color.  The next amazing thing about this tree is that once it reaches its peek then it only holds its leaves a bit longer and then just about drops them all in one day.  We wish that all the trees in our yard dropped all theirs at once...but, no, ours hang on to some of theirs till new leaves appear in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment