Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day Is Done!

And, I'm so glad that it is this end of the day...I am tired!  The clouds were so pretty this afternoon and this was the sunset as I came out of Walmart this evening.  Woody has walked a total of about seven miles today at a couple of different times.  He also drove over to see our personal care physician this morning.  The NIH docs indicated that he probably needed a change in his blood pressure medication so he went to see what our doctor suggested.  He will now try another medication added to the one that he has been taking and taking the one that he has been taking a bit differently.  I had three of the neighbors for school today...Elijah, Esther, and Graham.  Joy went to Nashville with Nathan and Abigail.  It was time for Abigail to have her ears checked.  The report about her ears was very good.  She now has very close to normal hearing.  Praise God!  Graham finished up the place card holders for the girls' birthday party.  He also sewed buttons on one of his shirts and also a button on a pair of Woody's trousers.  After lunch, I headed off to the church library where we began the next "nightmare" job...inventory!  One Dewey Decimal division got completed...many more to go.  Donna and Fran checked the self list with the shelves and I ran off self lists of other divisions...pages and pages and pages and...(you get the idea)!  So many books in that room...many more than the casual observer would guess!  At least we can say that inventory is underway!  We worked for about three hours.  After I left church, I headed to Walmart to get some cough medicine (hopefully it will help!) and also to pick up a couple of things for Joy's family birthday party on Friday.  While I was gone, Woody made another trek to the car fixin' place (part of his total walking distance for today).  He found out that they have worked on the car, but can't get it to do what "it has been doing" while they run a diagnostics test...hopefully it will cooperate shortly so we can get our car back...and hopefully when we do get it back it will be fixed.  I'm still having a lot of problems with my allergy to down/feathers.  That all started a week ago this afternoon...I'm ready for it to go away!

1 comment: