Monday, October 22, 2012

Beautiful Monday!

It has been quite a pleasant mild Fall day...it got to around 80 degrees with a light breeze.  Woody headed out for a six-mile walk just before Elijah came over for school.  Usually he sticks around and then reads to Elijah and lets him play (and, of course, have a snack) after he and I have school.  But last week the five oldest neighbor grandchildren and their parents had the flu mist vaccine and they are supposed to steer clear of Goosey (Woody) for five days to a week...so no cuddling up for stories with Goosey for a couple more days.  Only Elijah and Joy had their school times today as Esther wasn't feeling up to par so she opted out for today.  After Joy did her spelling lesson, she and I cross stitched (her hand sewing lesson).  I haven't cross stitched in a while, but when I was getting things together for her hand sewing kit, I came across a piece that I hadn't completed and decided that it would be good to "hand stitch" a bit too.  After Joy's school time was finished...I felt finished too.  I ate a quick lunch and then headed upstairs to my trusty recliner.  I read for a while and then couldn't keep my eyes open so had a nap.  After the nap I headed downstairs to start working on supper.  Abigail came over shortly after I got started cooking and we headed up to the sewing room to prepare her fabric for washing and then put it in the washer...first step for the apron she is going to make.  Then I got back to work with Woody's help on a new recipe for supper...Pork Cassoulet (a French pork stew). After it got to simmering, I made garlic croutons to go on top of each serving.  It turned out very good...definitely a keeper. There's lots ahead for the evening...dancing (with the stars), baseball, and a debate...and rest for me.  My first day back to a regular routine has just about worn me out!  Woody is downstairs watching/listening to the evening news and cleaning up the kitchen.  I'm off to rest and read till time for dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment