Friday, October 12, 2012

The World Has a New Seven-Year-Old!



What a big day for our Joy!  She and all her family had a great time celebrating her birthday.  Waffles and ice cream for lunch!  Yum! Yum!  And, then, add presents in...what could make up a better day?!

Woody got up and went for a five mile walk in the rain.  He came back pretty wet even though he did have an umbrella.  I slept in a little later today, but hit the floor running when I got up.  I headed straight into the sewing room and sat down in front of the laptop and started getting overdue letters ready.  I emailed as many as I could and have already gotten a lot of replies.  I still have to print off the ones that I will have to mail. But it took all morning till party time and then I came back home after the party and finished them up.  Graham came over about the time that I was finishing and we mended a hole in a pocket on his shirt and then just messed around in the sewing room for a while.  Then we went downstairs and I got busy with supper and a pot of chicken noodle soup while he played a "game" on my iPad.  Woody headed out right after the party to run some errands.  Then he came home for a while and then headed off to do our weekly shopping.  I had the pot of soup ready and waiting for the ingredients that we lacked that he bought at the store.  We ate our supper and then I got busy finishing up the soup.  The timer just rang a few minutes ago and the soup is finished...ready to be eaten this weekend!  I don't plan to cook tomorrow.  Woody has settled in for the evening with a library DVD and probably a book. I plan to go collapse in the upstairs recliner.  Celebrating birthdays is hard work...and I'm tired! Got to get rested up for the next celebration in five days!

And, I will end by wishing Joy a great BIG Happy Birthday! She got a really neat pink plaid bike...very unique...just like she is!

1 comment: