Friday, October 5, 2012

Home...again!


We left around 6:30 am (Eastern time) and pulled into our driveway a little before noon (Central time). I can't tell you much about the trip as I would guess that I slept about 4/5 of it!  Benadryl will do that to me.  I haven't really felt awake much of the day.  As soon as we got home, I pulled out the second loaf of rye bread so it could thaw to be used for Reuben sandwiches this evening.  Woody went to the grocery store to do our weekly shopping mid afternoon.  He just got back from a five mile walk.  He said that he had missed his walks this week.

Tonight's pictures give you a couple views of Montpelier, James and Dolley Madison's home.  We really enjoyed our tour.  We plan to go back someday and tour around the grounds on a day that it isn't raining like it was on Tuesday.  At least it stopped raining long enough for me to get several photos of the outside.  There is quite a bit of exploring that can be done around grounds, but the weather just wasn't conducive to much exploring!  You can see that the leaves hadn't changed color much.  I have a photo in the book that I bought about Montpelier that shows the trees behind the house just a riot of fall color...just a bit too early in October for much color to be showing...just a tinge.


No comments:

Post a Comment