Friday, October 26, 2012

Fabulous Fall Friday!

The leaves are falling fast and furiously around here.  It doesn't take long for an area that has been raked or blown to be leaf covered again.  Woody headed out on his walk this morning a little after seven and didn't get back till almost noon.  He walked all the way to Motlow College and back.  He picked up a lot of cans on this walk.  Later in the afternoon he walked to the library as they had called to say that they had a book for him.  He is a bit disappointed...he started reading the book and realized that he had already read it!  He thought that he had checked his book list...but either didn't or missed the fact that it was on his list (on my list too).  As soon as I got up I went to work on preparing letters to go out from the church library for overdue books.  I left them to be folded,stamped and licked by Woody when he got back from his walk. He got that done before the mail carrier came today.  I needed an address that Kathy had so I called over there at about the time that I usually call for Elijah to come over for school.  While I was still talking with her on the phone, he showed up!  He's "trained" for the phone to ring around 9am for him to come over here for his school time (even on days we don't have school)!  He played for about an hour over here, while I worked on cleaning the dining room.  I hadn't done much cleaning since I had been sick so decided it was time to do a bit of vacuuming and dusting around here!  The dining room got a pretty good cleaning including getting a big spider web out from between the screen and the window pane.  I even washed the lower pane inside and out of that window.  I didn't do the top section as it would mean taking the curtains down and I just wasn't  quite up to that much cleaning today!  I do like being able to get to both sides of the windows with these new windows. I vacuumed all the floors downstairs (except for the living room as that was where Elijah was playing).  And, that about did me in!  Elijah came over after lunch and asked me to come over to see the leaf house that Graham had raked for him.  After I looked at it, I raked him a garage for his little car and bike...that's the most leaves that I have raked in a long time...what we won't do for our grandchildren!  After I got his "garage" raked, I helped Kathy and children find leaves for an art project that they were going to do.  They were going to get to paint.  I'm sure that they were all excited...especially Elijah to hear that they got to paint! This afternoon Woody and I got a treat...getting to look at the photo scrapbook of Kathy and Nathan and family's "Yellowstone" trip.  They had such a great trip. I have read and rested this afternoon and don't have much more than that planned for the rest of the evening.  I did buy a Christmas present today...guess realizing that yesterday was just two months from Christmas made me realize that I had better start getting ready! Woody got some DVD's and a couple of books when he walked to the library this afternoon.  So he has been reading and watching DVD's. We've had another beautiful Fall day...once again quite warm for this time of year.  That is supposed to all change as a front comes through sometime over night and temps are supposed to drop...may not even make it to 60 tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got the letters sent although I know you hated to use the postage. Hope we don't get on anyone's "last nerve"! Thanks for all your work!

    ReplyDelete