Thursday, October 25, 2012

Ginkgo Glory!

Woody got up super early this morning and walked twelve miles.  Elijah came over for school, followed by Esther, Joy and Graham.  After I finished with my little school charges, Woody and I headed off to vote.  Woody wanted me to see the Ginkgo tree...though not at its full golden splendor.  I did take a few pictures.  We also stopped at the church as I wanted to get a picture of the steeple with the maples in their glory.  We came home and had lunch.  Then I headed up to read...having all these books is a draw to my recliner and a restful afternoon.  Joy joined me for a while.  She said that she wanted some peace and quiet...she wanted to work some on her cross stitch project.  Esther arrived a little after Joy got underway with her cross stitching. After a while, they both went into the school room and did some art projects while I continued to read.  After a while, Elijah joined them and did a little art too...though he did want to paint...I convinced him that today it was just markers, crayons and pencils!  I guess I "need" to break the paints out for him before too long...as "art" to him is "paint!"  I have almost finished one of the books that Woody picked up at the library yesterday...it's a book of short stories by an author that I enjoy.  Short stories aren't my favorite reading material...but some of these were pretty good...and, others...well, not so great!  Woody just came back from a short time of "kid sitting" next door.  I guess we are settled in for a quiet evening.  Can you believe what two months is from today???!!!  Oh, my...I've hardly thought about Christmas yet this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment