Wednesday, October 17, 2012

At Last!!!!!!!



At last, according to Abigail, her birthday finally arrived.  Goosey (Woody) and I headed next door at 8am to join Abigail and her family for their traditional birthday breakfast--waffles and ice cream.  Abigail was one of the first to finish.  She wasn't interested in seconds and wished that everyone else wouldn't have seconds either as she was anxious to go on to the next tradition--presents!!!! She was so happy with each and every gift she got.  She was really excited and surprised when she opened a camera from her mommy and daddy.  In the lower photo she is taking her first picture--a picture of her mommy taking a picture of Abigail!  They plan a trip to the Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville to round off her day.  She plans to take her camera.  I told her that I wanted to see her pictures when they get home.  Woody and I gave her a "kit" to make an apron (fabric, thread and various notions that she might need).  She and I will start that project the next time that she has school with me.

Woody just returned from an eight-mile walk.  He was supposed to be home in time for me to go to the dentist.  I'm making him go with me.  I know how I feel sometimes when I leave the dentist and I just don't know that I will feel like driving home after having this tooth pulled.  I am blogging early as I don't know if I will feel like blogging this evening.  Plus, I really haven't slept much the last few nights so I'm guessing once my "dentist ordeal" is over, I will be ready for a good nap/night's sleep.  Have I ever mentioned that I really DISLIKE dentists?  Guess you can tell.  Fear of dentists started when I was a child when I had to have teeth pulled preparing for braces...and that fear has never left me...probably the fear has just increased...and, here I am going back to have a tooth pulled!  I am NOT a happy camper!

I will end with a great BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our sweet Abigail! Enjoy being nine!

No comments:

Post a Comment