Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Beautiful Day For a Bike Ride!

Here are Kathy and Elijah off on a bike ride.  Elijah has just started riding this little two-wheeler with training wheels.  It really takes a lot of effort from his little 3-year-old legs!  And, it takes a lot of effort on his mama's part to try to go slow enough to stay right with him...she has to do lots of circling! They were heading off on this ride as I came home from working in the church library this afternoon.  Again, today it got up to around 80 degrees so another pretty day...and, as you can see, the trees are in their autumnal splendor.  Early this morning we got two calls from the public library.  They had books that Woody had requested (for me) and they had a book that I had placed a hold on.  Since some were held in my name and some in Woody's, it usually means two trips or that we go together since the library is reluctant to let anyone, even a spouse, check out for someone else.  I mentioned to the librarian who called that Woody was planning to walk to the library to pick up the books that they had on reserve for him and was there any way for him to be able to get my book.  She did say that they would make an exception if he had my card.  So I quickly got my library card and gave it to Woody.  And, it worked...he came home with a nice pile of books for me!  And, I'm glad to have these books as I have been going through books at a pretty rapid rate lately.  I was down to just one from the ones that he had checked out for me this past Friday.  Woody's walk that included the library came to a total of about six miles today.  While he walked to and from the library.  I had school with Elijah, Esther, Joy and Abigail.  After school, we had lunch and then I headed off to the church library where I worked for a couple of hours. Woody worked in the yard...raking and blowing leaves.  The leaves have started to fall at a rapid rate once again...lots down...but even more still to fall!  I came home and made Eggplant Parmesan using an eggplant that we grew.  Now I'm ready to collapse for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment