Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday...again!

Monday has rolled around again...and in not many hours will become Tuesday.  Abigail told me a little while ago that tomorrow (Tuesday) she will be able to say that her birthday is tomorrow (Wednesday).  She was a bit concerned when she asked about her present today and I told her that I didn't have it all.  She wanted to know if I had ordered it and was waiting on it to come in the mail.  Nope!  I just need to find a time tomorrow to go shopping for the rest of it!  I think that she might be a bit worried!  Woody walked five miles this morning...to and from the garage that worked on our car last week.  They had suggested that we drive it this weekend to be sure that it was fixed and then to come in today to pay them if it seemed fixed (only in a small town would a business not demand payment when the car was picked up!).  Elijah, Esther, and Joy came over for school today.  Joy used the present that we gave her for her birthday (Joy's Hand Sewing Kit).  She started cross stitching some hearts.  She is so sweet...as soon as she started stitching today, she started thinking about using it as a gift.  I finished sorting the photos today.  Yeah!  I am also on the last chapter of Vanity Fair.  Double Yeah!  The last chapter takes almost an hour to be read...just 33 min. to go as I type this.  I paid a visit to the dentist today...not happily.  I have an infection in my gum around a back lower molar...a first for me...AND the dentist suggested that it needed to be pulled.  I am really unhappy about that news.  Trying not to think about it.  Will take my antibiotics for the moment and face the next dental appointment another day!  I'm hoping that perhaps the antibiotics will help my congestion that is causing my cough.  Woody is ensconced in front of the TV...watching baseball.  Last night was a good night for his team.  Nathan messaged me last night when the game was over he typed "Win!  Phew!"  Woody came upstairs to tell me of the win and he also said "Phew!"  A bit too close for comfort for them!  I'm hoping that in the next half-hour I will be able to say that I have been exposed to all 67 chapters of Vanity Fair.  Then I am going to go back to reading a book that I started Saturday evening. It's one of those books that you start and get into immediately and just hate to put  down.  Anyone who likes John Gresham books should really enjoy Randy Singer books, also. They are very good "legal suspense-filled thrillers.".  I am reading By Reason of Insanity.  We have seven of his books in the church library and there are plans to add more to the library's collection.  Woody has read all seven that the library has.  I am a bit farther behind since I had been reading on another series.

No comments:

Post a Comment