Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas Blog Time

I've got my Christmas mug filled with peppermint tea...all set to blog! (This shows that I found our Christmas mugs today.) I was going to play a Christmas CD while I blogged (found the Christmas CD's today, too), but realized that my CD player isn't plugged in and it means a trip around to the back of my sewing machine cabinet and have to get down on my hands and knees to plug it in...so that can wait for another day. Since I blogged on Saturday, my sewing machine has been humming quite a Christmas tune.
It has been embroidering away on Christmas ornaments and a few other Christmas items. I have to now get it back into a sewing machine mode so I can finish up a couple of things that I embroidered. I am working hard on getting the AZ package ready to mail. I have been looking for boxes to put things in so I can wrap them. I had wanted to get them mailed today, but didn't meet that goal. Woody's first "job" of the day was to call his surgeon's office and get another appointment. The surgeon missed one of the staples when he removed them last week. I happened to notice it when I was giving him a shot the other night. I will be so glad when I don't have to give him these shots any more..."just" five more...that means we are 2/3 finished with them. He got an appointment for in the morning. After getting the appointment he made orange pecans (yum!). He was making them for the youth Sunday School party for Wednesday. He took them last year and they were a big hit with the youth teachers. Later in the morning he went Life Care Center to have Bible study with Jeff. This afternoon he even went out and picked up a few sticks in the yard. He's slowly but surely returning to a lot of his usual activities...though he does admit that he hasn't stopped hurting yet. I sewed most of the morning. Then this afternoon I worked some more on the Christmas decorating. I finished the mantel in the family room and got rid of the boxes and tissue. Then I got boxes and tissue off the kitchen table and put what I wanted on the table for a "centerpiece." Just before blogging I saw that there was still a box on the counter...the Christmas cookie jar. I put that out and put away the everyday one. All is done in the kitchen that I plan to do...except...for the snowman hat that I put candy canes in...and I haven't come across it yet. I even have the candy canes bought and I know that grandchildren will be disappointed if I don't find that "magical" hat to put them in! I have been attacking all the everyday decorations that have accumulated on the dining room table...putting them in boxes that I have taken Christmas from. The table is still pretty full even though I have put quite a lot away...at least I have started on that. I have left out empty boxes so I can put these things in. Once I have them all stored away, then it will be time to have the tree dragged down so I can create the next "mess!" Besides my Christmas tea, I now have on my Christmas music. While the second picture downloaded, I realized that I could reach the plug from this side of the sewing machine cabinet and only had to lean over in my chair not get down on my hands and knees...so now Bing Crosby is crooning Christmas tunes...must be Christmas...Christmas mug of tea...Christmas music...yup! 'Tis the Season! Well back to my sewing so I can get AZ package off in time for it to get there before Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment