Thursday, December 10, 2015

Only Five

Starting late this afternoon and then till a while ago, Woody and I took care of five of the seven neighbor grandchildren. It was date night for Nathan and Kathy and two of the girls had been invited to a birthday party in Murfreesboro (45 min. away). So they took the girls, dropped them off at the party, and then went out to eat. So we had four boys and one girl. Abigail begged me to come over so she wouldn't be the only girl! Woody went over at the start and then I headed over just before supper. Then a little after supper Woody headed back home. I managed to get Joseph into bed and to sleep, but the rest were still up and going when they got home. I had started reading Isaac his bedtime stories, but Toy Story came on their TV and that got everyone's interest. The two girls had a wonderful time at their party! When I left, Isaac was yawning and had crawled into his Daddy's lap for his last bedtime story. Woody got all our Christmas cards addressed today and into the mailbox. I had school with Joseph and Isaac. Isaac started making three letter phonetic words with the movable alphabet today...a big step towards reading! Hooray for Isaac!!!! He was pretty proud of himself. Tonight he started playing with an app on my iPad where he can make three letter words to go with the pictures. All of a sudden he said I read "pig!" Abigail came over and we worked some more on the Christmas presents that she is making for some of her friends. She got three totally finished and one only needs a hanging cord. She still has to sew the last ornament together. We also started hanging ornaments on the tree today. The children popped in and out and hung an ornament or two or three or...Joy came over and got a candy cane from the snowman hat and realized that we were hanging ornaments. She asked me to please save some for her to hang. No problem...there will be plenty. We did get all the ornaments in one big box all hung on the tree and I got all the little boxes packed back into the big box and the big box put back in the Christmas closet. Well, it is time for Woody's shot...only one to go after tonight! Thank goodness. I DO NOT like giving shots...not my calling in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment