Wednesday, December 16, 2015

'Tis the Season!

When I smell the Chex mix cooking in the oven...then I KNOW that it is the Christmas season! The tradition has become that Woody makes our Chex mix...so I was surprised when I came down the stairs and smelled it cooking. I had thought that I might be the Chex mix maker this year, but Woody seems to be getting back to doing more and more things as each day passes after his surgery. Today he even did a "little" raking. The leaf truck came and picked up our leaves again today and he decided to clean up behind them and rake the remainders out into the road as we are due to have heavy rains later in the night and the rain will wash away what is in the road. I had modified school this morning. Joseph had his time and Isaac had his. Then Elijah and Esther had some reading time. They read a Christmas story or two out loud to me. Then Woody and I went through the recipes that we plan to make for our family Christmas lunch. I'll give you a one word hint as to the theme of this meal: Olé! Yesterday while Woody was getting his infusion we decided on our menu and today we put a lot of the items on the grocery list so Woody could get some of them when he did his Wednesday Krogering. After lunch, I went to the library and worked for a couple of hours. After I got home Woody headed off to the grocery store. Elijah went with him. While he was at the grocery store, I sat down to rest for "a minute" and ended up taking "a little" nap. When I heard Woody come in the door with the groceries, I woke up and went downstairs and put them away. Then I made our supper. Then I came up here to blog...and the computer decided to bog down...everything that I tried to open or do took forever. But finally I am coming to the end of writing and it "only" took an hour from start to finish! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment