Friday, December 11, 2015

Stepladder Time

Well, it has gotten to the point that if I am going to put ornaments any higher, I need the stepladder...that is a good thing. It means that I am getting close to the end of the ornaments. The boxes that you can see in the picture still have ornaments in them so there is no lack to fill in any empty places! I do really enjoy decorating our tree...so many memories of family and friends who have gifted us with them and some bring back memories of me making them. Our big Christmas tree is my very favorite of all the decorations that we have. I just love all the memories. Once it is finished, I will start my nightly "tree walk." This when I circle the tree just enjoying the ornaments that my eyes happen to fall upon that evening. I also try to have a "manger pause" each evening before I go upstairs. This is a time when I try to just be quiet for a moment and look upon our Precious Moments manger scene and just think about what the Christmas season means. I don't know about you, but I need some of those quiet moments each day just to try to regroup and not get caught up in the busyness of the season. Today has been a day not to accomplish a lot for either Woody or myself. Woody has pretty much taken it easy. He has read, done crossword puzzles, and watched some TV. I have continued to work on the tree and done a lot of resting in my recliner. Isaac came over and helped me hang ornaments a couple of times today. I am now trying to convince myself that I need to go down and put together the ingredients for my wassail. I am taking it to our Sunday School luncheon on Sunday so it is time to get it put together and brought to a simmer so it can sit over night. I'd really rather get up on the stepladder and get the rest of the ornaments on the tree. I just want to get the decorating done! In a little while I will give Woody his last blood thinner shot...so happy that I am at the end of having to give Woody those! Well, it is either Christmas tree or Wassail...whichever...'tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment